It is a technical term that means bad breath. Bad breath may occur occasionally or maybe chronic as well. This may cause a lack of confidence and may lead to depression. So, it is very important to talk about it. According to a specialist of one of the leading and best dental clinics in Kolkata, there are many reasons behind the occurrence of foul breath.
Food items are there that cause bad breath such as onion, fish, garlic, and spicy food. Usually, while eating, food gets stuck in our teeth and that results in bad breath. So, it is always necessary to wash your mouth after you eat something. Otherwise, the food particles stuck in teeth may form bacteria and it may result in foul breath.
Smoking tobacco can be a reason behind a bad smell of mouth. The tobacco leaves chemicals behind and causes pigmentations and a bad smell.
3. Oral hygiene:
If you don’t brush your teeth properly, the rotten food particles stuck inside your mouth may cause a bad smell and it may result in further medical issues too. The tongue is also a very important factor when it comes to bad breath. Poorly cleaned and dry tongue may cause a bad smell.
4. Medical conditions:
Medical conditions like pharyngitis, acid reflux, sinusitis, influenza, postnasal drip, and common cough and cold may lead to foul breath, and these demand immediate medical help. Visit New Town Clinic, one of the best dental clinics in Kolkata, and get rid of all these.
5. Cavities and gum infections:
These also may result in foul breath and may lead to anxiety.
How to cure?
Tobacco causes bad breath and it makes your mouth dry. The smell is so strong that even brushing your teeth fails to defeat the smell.
Note: Alcohol consumption may also cause a bad smell as it disturbs both good and bad bacteria of the mouth.
Oral hygiene needs to be maintained:
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Use a dental floss to remove food debris as the brush cannot reach every corner of the mouth
- To remove residual, use of tongue scraper is very important
- Wash your mouth every time you eat something
- Wash your mouth with slightly warm water before going to bed at night
Keep your stomach away from gastro problems:
Gastro problems may result in foul breath; the best dentist in Kolkata said. So, always consult a doctor if you have any gastro issues. If you have a normal bowel movement and no issue regarding your stomach, it will help you to get rid of foul breath.
- Drink a lot of water as this will prevent dryness of the mouth
- Have fiber-rich food like banana, carrots, sweet potato, and strawberry, etc. These food items will keep your stomach healthy and thus, the smell of mouth will vanish gradually.
- Yogurt is a very important food item to be added to every meal. It acts as a probiotic and increases flora.
- Have green tea, apple, cinnamon, and cardamom.