We all have experienced a toothache at some point in our life. This pain is different and keeps irritating continuously. Isn’t it? Toothache doesn’t remain confined to the particular tooth but spreads and involves headache, difficulty swallowing, and many more. The Newtown Clinic is the best dental clinic in Kolkata, and if you face any issue related to your teeth, you must visit there and get your treatment done right.
Here are some home remedies to fight uninvited toothache:
- Ice: If you face a sharp pain in your tooth, you may take the help of ice compression as it eases the pain immediately. In most cases, toothache comes as a combination of pain and swelling. If you apply some ice pack, you will get some instant relief so that you get time to get it checked by a dentist. But it is always advisable to consult the best dentist in Kolkata if you feel any swelling anywhere in your mouth, as it may lead to some serious dental conditions.
- Garlic: Garlic does wonders when it comes to remedies related to inflammation. Crushed garlic produces allicin, an oily liquid. Garlic contains antioxidant benefits that help us fight many diseases. Eat garlic to reduce inflammation of the mouth. In case you can’t chew the same due to pain, just tuck the same in the mouth, advises an expert doctor of the best dental clinic in Kolkata named The Newtown Clinic.
- Clove oil: Clove oil is very effective in decreasing dental pain. It is a natural remedy that helps us fight many dental issues. Like garlic, clove also acts as a natural antiseptic with anti-inflammatory properties. Moreover, it has the power to numb the particular place that is bothering you. So, you may definitely use a piece of cotton to apply clove oil on the painful area of the mouth. It will help you for sure.
- Saltwater: We all know about saltwater and how it works rapidly to ease toothache. Saltwater is a natural disinfectant that helps us get rid of the pain and heal our wounds. It is very easy to make. You just need to heat a glass of water and add a little bit of salt to it. Mix it well and rinse for 3 to 5 minutes. But it is always preferable to get your oral health checked as dentists may find out things that we being general humans, may not be able to find. Visit The Newtown Clinic, where you will get the best dentists in Kolkata.
- Over-the-counter medication: Yes, OTC medication helps you reduce the pain, but it is advisable to consult a good dentist before you buy and take OTC medicines.
Never neglect your toothache and consult a doctor immediately, as a toothache can be a hint of many serious oral issues that may worsen with time. So, visit The Newtown Clinic now and get yourself checked.